Thursday, January 24, 2013

Trying to calm down, and thank you.

I feel ever so slightly calmer today than I did on Monday. It's really quite slight, the difference, but what difference there is has come from all of you who have offered such kind words of sympathy and strength, either commenting on this blog, or on facebook, or sending me a private message. I cherish each one, and thank you so much for the support. This is the payoff for being as open transparent as I am - a decision I sometimes question, but which is always confirmed when I am lifted up on the support from all you wonderful people who read this blog. Thank you.

I still want to cry every time I think about this. Maybe that will go away sometime.

In a week, I'm going home to California, and I CANNOT WAIT. It's a vacation from work, officially, but going to CA always feels a little like a vacation from life. I hope it is. While there are parts of my life I absolutely love and don't want vacation from (I'm looking at you, Michael!), I would like to forget for a week that breast cancer ever became something I think about on a daily basis. I have a feeling, however, that everyone is going to ask me about my health, because they care very deeply about my well-being. I'm going home for my dad's retirement, back to my home church - the folks who watched me grow up from age one, and who prayed me through my first bout with cancer, and my second, as well as all the other major and minor events in my life (not the least of which was my ordination!). They will want to know how I am, and so I guess I will tell them. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment