Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Drains are gone!!

My drains are gone!! All gone!! Wooo-hooo!


Went to the plastic surgeon today and they took out my second drain. Nothing weird hanging off of me! No more stitches pulling on my skin and being irritated. No more lacing my drain and tube through all my clothes whenever I need to get dressed. No more complaining that Klaus is sitting on my drain, or him accidentally opening it and grossness getting on my clothes (to be fair, this happened only once). 

I. Am. Thrilled!

Doc told me I have to take it easy for the next 72 hours, because the more I move, the more fluid rushes to the surgery site, and I don't want to get a seroma. (That's sort of like a hematoma, but with surgical fluid instead of blood.) Okay, so I'll lie low (as low as possible) for three days. (Jesus did it, and look at the pay off!) I admit this might be tricky without the drain reminding me, but I have lots of people to remind me, so I think I'll be good.

I'm so happy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment