Sunday, September 23, 2012

Beautiful

Today gets two posts because it is such a beautiful day. I told both of my churches this morning of the wonderful news I received this week. The outpouring of love from them has been so remarkable, and so wonderfully unique to who they both are. After worship last week as well as today, some folks from one church gathered round me and laid hands on me and offered prayers of healing. What a lovely moment when a congregation can pray in this way for their pastor. At the other church, I was surprised at coffee hour to find a cake - celebrating my having been with them for one year, and also my engagement (Michael's name was on it too!), and also, they added, to celebrate my good news. Two beautiful expressions of care, both of which made me feel so in the right place, so surrounded in love, and so, so blessed. Thank you, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment