Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Planner is happy

The planner in me is feeling so good right now, because I have a SCHEDULE for what's happening tomorrow! I love schedules!!

8:30am - arrive at breast care center for wire loc. This is a procedure in which a wire is put in my breast to direct the surgeon to the area where the cancer is. After the biopsy that led to this diagnosis, the doctor left a little chip in there, so that's how they'll find it.

10:00am - arrive at surgical center in basement. They will begin prepping me for surgery, I'll talk to the anesthesiologist, get an IV, stuff like that. In my mind, this looks much like the scene in The Wizard of Oz where everyone's getting ready to see the wizard, the Cowardly Lion gets a haircut and ribbons in his mane, etc. I'm just sure it will be exactly like that, except minus the "cowardly." Only bravery here.

1:45pm - Complete with lion-esque ribbons (aka IV), I will be wheeled into the OR. Up to this point, Michael will be able to be there with me (hooray!), but here I'm on my own, which is fine because I'll be sleeping anyway. The procedure lasts about an hour and a half.

3:15pm - complete surgery, go to recovery. I will stay in recovery until I can keep down liquids and all that jazz.

Sometime Later - go home and party about being cancer-free. By which I mean, probably go back to sleep.

Six Weeks From Now - They will wait until I am completely healed before they start damaging my breast tissue with radiation (so considerate). So, I'll start radiation I guess in early November, and go for 6 weeks.

All right, let's do this thing! Oh by the way, I have decided to take Sunday off, after much urging from many people. So some wonderful lay people will read the sermon I had already prepared, and lead worship. Works for me!

Thanks for the continued prayers and good thoughts! Keep 'em coming! I'll let you know how it goes...

1 comment:

  1. Hope you don't mind that I gave you a shout out on FB tonight. Expect some more traffic coming this blog's way. Love you!

    ReplyDelete