Friday, July 18, 2014

Something new: benign!

The endocrinologist who did my biopsy called yesterday.

"I have some good news for you. It is benign. Everything is normal."

What a nice change of pace to hear these words instead of what I've grown accustomed to: either, "It is cancer," or, "It's benign, but still suspicious, so we'd like to do more tests."

Just plain benign. Music to my ears.

I do have to go back in a year to have another ultrasound and make sure the nodules are stable and not growing. I recently talked to a friend who has had several biopsies like this, and her doctor had told her not to bother coming in while she was pregnant or breastfeeding because hormones go so crazy and she might get a false positive. So I asked my doctor, if I'm pregnant at this time next year, if I should bother coming in. She said, "No, in that case, I would recommend waiting until the baby is born before coming in." She thought for a moment, then said, "So, the next time I see you, I hope it will be with baby pictures to show."

Did I mention how much I like her?

So that's that! At least for now. I feel good. I feel like I finally did catch that break. I feel light, happy, relaxed. Not to sound campy, but I feel like God is smiling compassionately on me (perhaps in the form of a beautiful, sunny morning this morning!), saying, "I know, child, you've had a rough go of it. I know you weren't too pleased with me, but I was with you then, and I am with you now. I love you." I know, God. I know.

Okay, so: let's get on with things, shall we?!

No comments:

Post a Comment